Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tiny Cherry Pies

Fine, fine. Here's your damn Warrant video. You are *so* predictable.

Lemme' tell you something about these tiny cherry pies. There's no recipe to link to other than the same old reliable pie crust because I cheated.



Yahuh, I bought premade cherry pie filling. And, sweet cheeks, you would too if you were running this blog, a 365 blog (warning: fbomb), doing a weekly post and were prepping for a solo show based on a previous 365 blog.

I mean, you know I love you and all, but, damn.

I did get kinda' fancy with the crust though so that's something, right? I made a lattice on two of them. If you've never made a lattice before, here's a handy tip: you can use a pizza cutter to cut out your strips.



Also, the easiest way to think of assembling a lattice top is to think of it as weaving. (Remember the construction paper weaving from high school art class? Yeah, do that. Only, you know, with dough.)



I also made a "double crust" pie and one pie with a cut out. You can see all of them in this tri pie photo.



The cutout is a rabbit in case you're having trouble reading it. I've got this weird thing about making stuff that resembles rabbits. *ahem*.

Please don't ask me to explain. I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment