Friday, April 23, 2010

Little Spicy Brownies

Since George likes his chicken spicy (where George=me and chicken=any chocolate baked good), I thought I'd whip up a quarter batch of these cocoa brownies using two secret ingredients instead of walnuts. (What? You think I can pass up a link to Wonkette when it's relevant? Yeah, right.)



If you don't have the inclination to can your own hot peppers, any store bought hot pickled pepper will suffice. JalapeƱos are nice.

The cayenne pepper is added to the other dry ingredients in the double boiler. I think I used about 1 tsp? You can adjust to your desired spice level, of course.

Oh yeah, I also used dark cocoa powder instead of the regular kind.



Peppers are added after everything else has been combined and the batter is shiny.



A note about the egg: don't bother halving it. It's perfectly fine to use the whole egg. It will make the brownies richer. You will, in fact, be able to "taste the extra egg" which is an inside joke that we used to have in college. (We also used to say "For the love of Benji!" as well but don't ask me about either one of those phrases 'cause I don't remember how they started.)

After about 15 minutes of baking, you will be rewarded with fiery squares of chocolate hotness. You know, brownies.



Now, for the love of Benji, go make these!

No comments:

Post a Comment