Saturday, May 15, 2010

Small Raspberry Cake

What exactly is there to say about raspberry cake? Surprisingly, not much. Especially not when there's a whole series worth of "Daria" to watch on DVD.

But I'll try.

So the recipe that I linked to is basically a yellow cake with raspberries added on top. That is not to say that it isn't tasty. It is! It's also quite attractive.

The way to achieve the winsome berry look (i.e.--a twee treat) is to place the berries on top of the batter before baking.



The batter will rise around the fruit in effect "berrying" them. Oh, ho. I'm slaying myself with that one.



While the cake is pretty tasty on its own, I prefer my berries with a bit of chocolate. Hence the icing.



Just a reminder: A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. Unless you're diabetic. (Yes, that was a quote from "Daria" which I should really be getting back to...)

(baking notes: Recipe was quartered. Substitutions: 2% milk for buttermilk, frozen raspberries for fresh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment