Friday, April 30, 2010

Small Sour Cream Apple Pies

Behold this apple.



By quartering this recipe and utilizing one solitary apple (as illustrated above), one can bake six miniature pies.

If you thought that I was going to talk about Twilight in any way, shape or form, kindly remove yourself from my blog. There will be no undead sparkling here.

The recipe mentions a specific type of crust. If you would like to make that, go right ahead. I chose to stick with my standard recipe instead. I did make the topping, however. Lookit! I'm waving to you in the spoon!



I'm not going to disguise my love of this recipe. It has everything that you could want in an apple pie (sans baseballs and/or cheese and squeezes).

Observe them cooling all rustic like and then realize that they're going to be topped with a ginger whipped cream in a few minutes.



Yes, ginger whipped cream. I couldn't wait for the damn pies to cool before I ate one. Which, you know, is why the whipped cream is melting in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment